So I was in Target and I saw these really cute Christmas ornaments and I thought…hey I can make those! Here’s a picture of the ornaments that I copied from.
To make these you’ll need:
- wooden disc (I found these at DeSerres for $1. I think maybe they’re meant to be coasters)
- acrylic paint ($2 at Dollar Store)
- paint brushes
- glue gun
- Sharpie (optional)
- clear coat spray (optional)
What to do:
1. First draw an outline of the animal face lightly on the wooden disc in pencil.
2. Then start painting!
3. After I finished painting I outlined the lines with a black Sharpie, which I think helped make the face stand out a little more.
4. Then use a glue gun to glue some twine on the back.
5. Optional: You could seal it with a clear coat spray or maybe even glossy Modge Podge. I haven’t sealed these yet. I’m not sure if I want them to be glossy.
This would be a great craft for older kids to do. You can make the faces as simple or as detailed as you want and they don’t really require a lot of artistic talent.
Or…you could just buy the ornaments at Target for three bucks. LOL. Either way, they’re pretty cute on the tree!