We were fortunate enough to be invited to a friend’s cottage this past weekend with the condition that I provide some fun “nature themed” crafts for us to do. Of course, this led to WAY too much time spent on Pinterest but I was inspired by the “Luminous Leaf Lanterns” that I found at Twig and Toadstool.
This turned out to be one of those really satisfying crafts that is cheap, fun and turns out beautiful.
What you need:
- Jar or glass (Dollar Store!!!)
- Modge Podge
- Foam brush
- Brightly coloured fall leaves
What you do:
1. Collect the leaves you want for your candle holder. Depending on the type of leaves you may want to press them first.
2. Put a layer of modge podge on the glass. Then press your leaves on.
3. Cover the leaves in a layer of modge podge. I put about 3 layers on. Try to let each layer dry before you apply another one.
4. Once it’s dry, pop a tealight in the glass and you’re done!
It’s really neat the way the candlelight illuminates the veins of the leaves and the colours look so vibrant. The dried modge podge also gives the glass a frosted look. It looks great on the shelf next to a little pumpkin. What can I say, I love Fall decorations! 🙂