I love pulled pork. But I always assumed it was one of those things that would take a lot of preparation or time to make. Not so, with a slow cooker and a can of root beer. 🙂
All you need for this is:
- a can of root beer (355ml)
- a bottle of BBQ sauce (approx 500ml)
- 2 lbs of pork (tenderloin, shoulder, etc)
- a slow cooker
What you do:
1. Put the pork in the slow cooker and pour the can of root beer over it. Cook it on low for approx 6 hours.
2. After the pork is cooked, drain the root beer, pour on the BBQ sauce and pull the pork apart with a fork. Serve immediately or keep warm until ready to serve.
3. Serve the pork on a hamburger bun (I like the thin ones) or little slider buns.
You can add onions or whatever you fancy but honestly, it’s good just as it is. This dinner is great when you’re entertaining because it’s easy, cheap and tastes delicious. And it’s nice to have the slow cooker do all the work for you. 😉