I’ve been wanting to try this craft for awhile because it’s so quick and easy. I’ve seen it on Pinterest done with photos but I tried it with images printed on card stock.
What you need:
- a canvas (bought mine at the dollar store)
- modge podge
- your print/photo
What you do:
1. Paint the sides and edges of the canvas. I went with black to compliment my prints.
2. Print off your image/photo and cut it to fit the canvas. I printed on card stock. I think regular paper would get soggy with the modge podge.
3. Put a layer of modge podge on the canvas. Then place the card stock/photo on the canvas. Press it down from one end to the other, making sure you don’t have any air pockets. I learned that the hard way and had to throw out one of the canvases because once it’s on, there’s no adjusting it.
4. Put modge podge over the print/photo. I put 3 coats on it. There was a slight smearing of the ink when I put on the modge podge but it didn’t smear enough to ruin it.
5. Once it’s dry it’s ready to hang.
I love the way they turned out. The vintage bicycles look great next to the pictures of my grandparents and great grandparents. It’s a cheap and easy way to add some art to your walls. 🙂