Alright, so I know the name of these muffins is a bit of a mouthful (bad pun alert!) but it’s true…these muffins are all of those things.
My lovely neighbour keeps giving us strawberries from her garden which is great cause normally Oliver can eat them faster than I can cut them. But suddenly I found myself with an abundance of them and was worried that they might go to waste. So, enter my search for a delicious muffin recipe. Why eat just strawberries when you can turn them into a carb, right?
This recipe is an amalgamation of a few that I came across. I didn’t want to have loads of butter or sugar and I wanted to include Greek yogurt and balsamic. They are pretty tasty if I do say so myself.
- 2 3/4 cup of rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups strawberries (sliced)
- 6 1/2 tbsp of honey (in place of 1/2 cup of sugar)
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1. Pre heat oven to 400 degrees
Mix oats with baking soda and baking powder.
2. In a second dish mix yogurt, eggs, honey balsamic and strawberries
3. Add strawberry mixture to the oats and stir
4. Scoop into muffin tin and pop in the oven for 20-25 minutes
These muffins turn out really moist and very natural tasting, not too sweet…perfect for breakfast! Or anytime with a cup of tea for that matter. And with those ingredients, one should hardly feel guily about eating one…or two and a half. Not that I did that.