Two things were confirmed for me after eating this salad.
1) When it comes to salad, it’s best to think outside the box.
2) Fried cheese is really delicious.
My husband actually made this salad for me for brunch on Mother’s Day (it tastes even better when someone else makes it!). I loved it so much that I promised him I would write a post about it. 🙂 He got the recipe from The Little Kitchen.
What you need:
- 1/2 cup (approx) each of blueberries, strawberries and blackberries
- Various greens (I think he used a spring mix)
- balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing
- salt & pepper
- Halloumi slices (2 slices per salad)
What to do:
1) Fry the cheese first:
- Slice the cheese into 1/2 thick slices
- Heat olive oil in a small non-stick pan on low heat (about 1/8 inch of oil)
- Flip the cheese once it starts to brown on the underside and add 1 tsp of butter to the pan
- Leave the cheese to cool slightly on a plate lined with paper towels
2) Toss salad greens and berries, top with cheese and drizzle dressing with salt and pepper on top!
It was hands down one of the best salads I’ve ever had and I don’t normally use the words ‘best’ and ‘salad’ together in the same sentence. It’s perfect for brunch or lunch, perfect for summer and it doesn’t hurt that it goes so well with a glass of wine too…