Yes, it’s as good as it looks. 🙂
I don’t love eating avocado on it’s own but it’s so good for you that I had to find a way to enjoy it. If you’ve never had baked avocado, you’re missing out!
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut an avocado in half and then scoop out the hole from the pit to make more room for the egg. Put the avocado that you scooped out onto the baking sheet too.
3. Crack an egg into the hole and season it to your liking. I put a bit of salt, pepper and coriander on (It helps to kinda prop up the avocado on the bits that you scooped out so that it’s level and the egg won’t just run out all over your pan).
4. Pop it into the oven. I like to put a few cherry tomatoes on the pan too. After about 10 minutes, take it out and stir up the egg a bit. You can also grate some cheese on top at this point. I highly recommend this.
5. Put it back in for another 5 to 10 minutes, depending on how you like your egg. Then enjoy!
I’ve also filled the avocado with some tuna and cheese too for an avocado-y tuna melt. The avocado is so good baked, all warm and creamy. It’s almost like pudding! Hope you like it! 🙂